Sunday, May 25, 2008

Corpus Christi Sunday morning early

Hi guys,

Once again I arose a little before sunrise this morning and shaved and bathed. And then, I went to our neighborhood 7-Eleven for a dough nut and an extra-large cup of coffee. Having shucked off my shoes and socks, I am now in business.

Today is Corpus Christi Sunday at my parish church. The parish I attend is Episcopalian, but in the Anglo-Catholic tradition. Mass is celebrated every day which is unusual in our diocese. The Feast of Corpus Christi was instituted at the time of the Fourth Lateran Council (1204 A.D) which defined the doctrine of Transubstantiation, the miraculous change of the elements of the bread and wine in the Eucharist into the Body and Blood of Christ.

Such a doctrine emphasizes a cardinal belief of the church in the incarnation of Jesus Christ, the God-man. Jesus was a historical person, a Jew who was circumcised on the eighth day after his birth.

All this ties in with what our rector has said in his sermons several times over the years. It takes a human body "enfleshed" to make love. The heart of this love making is coitus, fucking for couples; masturbation for individuals. But then humans are innovative creatures. We enjoy a mixture of both varieties for love making.

I hope to blog some this morning before going out to see a couple people I haven't seen in many years. But I hope to resume blogging later on today with desired results, if you know what I mean :-)

Take care.

No comments: