Friday, May 2, 2008

A refuge of peace and quiet

Hi guys,

Spring continues along in its glorious unfoldment here in Georgetown these days. Now we are witnessing the blossoming of iris, wisteria, and locust trees at their peak. I had a "divine" appointment earlier today which was the reason why I arranged to take this day off as scheduled leave eight days ago with my supervisor. It is well-worth it, this peace and quiet in times of great change and turmoil not only in the wider world and here in the USA, but even more so at my workplace.

My workplace is located at a major university for which Georgetown takes its name. Let's be honest and say that I have worked at Georgetown University since 1978. While I have always been an ordinary employee there and a mere special student 1978-79, Georgetown University and even my workplace attached to the university have been alma mater, "nurturing mother" in the truest sense and paying more than half of my tuition in my graduate program during 2002-2006. For this I am eternally grateful. Yet my workplace is rife with the worse sort of intrigue which at times is most vicious.

I am just your typical GWM single male, very much in the minority in this hostile environment. How shall I cope in all this? The answer finally has come to me in recent weeks: Spiritual practice of daily meditation without fail at 6 a.m. without fail seven days a week. In short, meditation is turning inward to oneself with patience and gentleness. From meditation, one derives peace and quiet to meet all challenges in life. Prayer more so is a reaching out to the Divine in supplication and intercession. Through prayer, one makes oneself a friend with God and his/her neighbor both living and deceased (i.e. the souls in paradise and in a glorious existence in the hereafter. The prayer which I describe finds its fullest expression in divine worship, which many Christians find in the Holy Eucharist (i.e. the Mass or the Divine Liturgy).

The rector of my parish church has said in his sermons that one needs a body to express love. What I described above in its perfect, idyllic form is the worship found in the Saints and angels.
But our rector is certainly correct in his assertion. The use of one's body in expressing love is often called, "making love." Erotic love is the basis of such love making. Hence, coitus, fucking among couples is the working out or the expression of physical, erotic love. Likewise, such a "love" is found in males and females (loving themselves) is the basis of masturbation.

I believe that the circumcised male can express in a most intense way what his retooled, circumcised penis can do for him in masturbation. I will discuss this in a deeper way in a post later today.

No comments: